This will mostly hold reviews/reactions of manga, real books and scanlations, that I have read. 75% of which are yummy, yummy yaoi.
There will also be rants and raves about anime and life in general...

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday, new manga day!

So.... yeah.... I didn't do my review.... I had a... um... visitor and wasn't feeling well >>
I doubt that I will be able to this weekend because I shall be repairing my pc... one of my 500 gb hard disks died... all the stuff I downloaded ;.;
I need to fix my other 500 gb hard disk coz it's starting to act the same way the other one did right before it died. It's funny since this other one was actually the first one to act screwy, but it's still alive now, barely.

Anyway, on to the manga!
I got 3 BL and 2 slashy/bishieful ^.^

The BL....
In the Walnut vol 2, I know I have volume 1... somewhere.... yup, I do. I marked that I owned it on amazon.
In The Walnut vol 2

The first volume of Seven Days!!!!
Seven Days: Monday - Thursday
Need, need, neeeeeeeeeed volume 2!!!!

This wasn't on the upcoming list, but it was slated to come out Sept 28, and it did. Which is a bit of a surprise since when Blu's releases aren't on the upcoming list, they aren't released.
Baseball Heaven
This is a side story of Gokuraku Cafe, which I have the scanlation of and liked. Just a bit sad coz I Gokuraku didn't have smutt... so I assume this one won't either *sniffle*

The slashable...

Pet Shop of Horrors vol 7

I looooooooooooooooove Count D. I have the all of the volumes of the first series, and of course I plan on collecting the all of the Tokyo series (Shin series in the Japanese version)
I know I should have waited for this to come out at the other bookstore, but it's just hard to resist Count D.
I really really love the manga, the anime was pretty... so-so... 


Mad Love Chase vol 4

I started reading this as a scan, didn't really finish it. I'm not even sure if the scanlation was completed o.o
This was released a whole month ago, and I finally got it at the more expensive shop because I couldn't find it in any of the branches of the other shop I go to... but hey, they were on sale (still more expensive than the other shop...)

Upcoming books:
  • the Chobits omnibus 2 was moved to next week, published by Dark Horse
  • the re-release of Kizuna, but June says it's already available at akadotretail.com... though I doubt it... I wish they'd fix the release dates of their manga. I do have the first 6 released by BeBeautiful, so I'm thinking whether I'll buy these or not since they're kinda expensive US$19.95. I hope they don't stop it from being sold here like they did Viewfinder and Tyrant (STILL WANT THIS!!!)
  • Stay Close to Me (Japanese title Soba ni Oitene), this one I want... it's about a guy who wants to be the perfect wife/princess for his prince. They do feel the same way for each other, and they kinda know it. The stories are about the people around them that mess up their relationship a bit... it's really cute, but there's no smutt!!! This was done by the same mangaka that did Tea for Two, which I also loved.






I have been watching a new series.... it's called Hoarders or Hoarding: Buried Alive, I'm not really sure if it's the same. It's about people who just... hoard stuff. 
I have this thing that I "collect" things that interest me. I used to collect VCDs, I had almost 1000 at it's peak, but now there are only about 600 left as I have sold some of them. And I plan on selling all of them... eventually. 
After the VCDs, I collected hamster stuff, coz I took care of 2 teddy bear hamsters, which grew to 8 and they all needed houses of their own or they'd kill each other. I have the scars on my fingers from the time I had to separate 2 of the boys... They're all dead now, and I'm trying to stop myself from buying new hamsters again 'cause taking care of them was expensive since I always go all out when I buy stuff for them. Toys, food, vitamins, houses and their extensions. And... I was really depressed when they died...
Now, I collect my nummy nummy man smutt. There's nothing wrong with that, right? But... I also have this tendency to buy a series, any series, with 2 to 5 volumes that I know is complete, even if I know that I won't be reading it anytime soon. At least, the stories are something that I am interested in. I almost bought the omnibus of Venus Versus Virus, cause I thought it was complete, but I found out it wasn't, so I put it back.
The only thing that separates me from those on the show is that I can throw away trash, and I do clean up once in a while. It's just that I need more than a weekend to do something about my manga and other books.
They did say that we are all hoarders, we just have different degrees of it. 

Okay, this is it for now. See you next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment