This will mostly hold reviews/reactions of manga, real books and scanlations, that I have read. 75% of which are yummy, yummy yaoi.
There will also be rants and raves about anime and life in general...

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Double Cast and Endless Comfort

I read the scans I had of the two manga that's supposed to be released this week.... And I remembered the feeling of frustration I had with Double Cast.

Double Cast is a bit similar to Haru wo Daiteita(LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this!). The leads are both actors, not AV though, and the younger one goading the older one into doing a project together... No smutt... But it's a cute story... not really necessary for the hard core yaoi fan though.

Endless Comfort is about a quiet dog trainer who sustained a terrible trauma when he was younger. It's not obvious though. He is gentle and he smiles a lot, one wouldn't think that he had that sort of past. The dog owner has his own emotionally troubled past. So basically it's a story of two people, finding each other and finding comfort in each other... Of course there are other people, like the dog owner's "lover" and his lover. They have a small story of their own.


In other news... I read somewhere that manga sales went down 20% or something... I just smirked and thought to myself, if they actually stopped blocking the release of some manga outside America then maybe... maaaaaaaaybe their sales wouldn't have gone down. But that's just my take on it...

I am guilty of looking for scans of licensed manga, if it was scanlated. But I do that just to find out if it is worth buying or not, I've bought a lot of manga that I've regretted spending money on. It sickens me to find copies of the some english manga already released, scanned and available for download. Scanlations for sharing, sure, but not the actual manga... that is just the worst thing you could possibly do to the translated manga industry *sigh*


Damn... I was wondering why the site I get the manga releases for the week wasn't updated yet... I then remembered that Monday was a holiday in the US...

edit: okay... after posting that, the site suddenly updated o.o something tells me this is going to be a frustrating day.... and there is no yaoi released this week... the release dates for Double and Endless were moved to next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment