This will mostly hold reviews/reactions of manga, real books and scanlations, that I have read. 75% of which are yummy, yummy yaoi.
There will also be rants and raves about anime and life in general...

Thursday, November 4, 2010

New manga day!

Very common title isn't it? hehehehe

Yes, after buying all those books during the weekend, I still went out and bought more this week! There were yaoi titles released this week, OF COURSE I'm going to buy them!

Let's begin with the non-yaoi... non manga in fact...Superman: Earth One
the emo superman...

I don't know what I was thinking when I got this... and at a more expensive price too!
If I don't like it, I can probably give it to my friend who's into this. But.... I might hold on to it for a while to see if it becomes a collectible...
I'm scared coz it's supposed to attract the twilight people *shudder*... Hopefully I don't have the urge to burn this like I did the twilight manga (this also made me laugh my head off at the lame-ness of the story)

....

Uh-oh... The Superman GN got 2 1 star ratings on amazon! But, there were 14 5 star ratings... I guess I'll have to read it to be able to see...
Amazon has sample pages, but it's not enough to tell if I will like it or not (I loved the last page though). It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be when I read that it was supposed to attract... them... *cough*

and that's it, the others are manga or manga related...
like...
uh... Naruto o.o
I had a peek of the insides before I got the Naruto Illustration Book. If the pictures had all been of him, I wouldn't have bought it.The illustration that sold me the book was of Naruto and Sasuke facing each other. And the way I held the book made it look like they were about to kiss! Hahahahaha... yeah... it freaked the sales people at the store when I said it out loud... >>;;
The back cover had Naruto's back...

Otomen... I will read you someday!
Otomen vol. 8 .... Ok.... 8 volumes purchased.... None read... x.x
11 volumes out in Japan and still ongoing... *sigh*
He acts more girly than a lot of girly girls I know o.o

And now... the YAOI!
Yup, this is yaoi and that's a guy
Love Water... I took a look inside just now, only one smutty pic! Hopefully the story will make up for it. But from the description, I might have to wait for a day when I'm feeling like reading a uber romantic story

Vampires!!! and not the sparkly kind!!
A Bloody Kiss Tonight by Makoto Tateno... Writer of yaoi yumminess... and shoujo? o.o
Oh yeah... I have one shoujo by her... Red Angel... complete in 2 volumes, and it's about vampires :D
I have the scans of Bloody Kiss and I said I was going to read it(the scans) before I went to bed, but I ended up reading the scans before I even made this entry ^_^;;
I normally don't like rape, but it wasn't quite that... I think... Rape with consent? At least it wasn't like the rape in Scarlet(still love this!) The stories were more romantic than I thought they would be, but not sickly sweet romantic. And it has smutt!!! Hehehehe
Makoto Tateno is among the mangaka whose work I look for. Loved Yellow... still waiting for the next volume of Yellow 2 to come out. Warui Yume is one of the oneshots I keep reading over and over again. Ka Shin Fu was one of the titles that didn't sit well with me for some reason... maybe I was in an off mood the day I read it...

Oh! Oh! I loooooooooooooooved How to Capture a Martini!

and it's sequel/spin-off How to Control a Sidecar

Martini has a sad story, with a nice romantic (and smutty) ending
Uh... Sidecar does have rape, but it has something to do with the story... and it's gooooooood...
I had the scans of Martini and only the first few of Sidecar, so I was so looking forward to it. Hated the fact that it took a while before they were finally released and I found out how Sidecar ended! But it was worth it, to me *sighs happily*

I need to stop now... it's long enough as it is...
Good night yaoi lovin', smutty people ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment