This will mostly hold reviews/reactions of manga, real books and scanlations, that I have read. 75% of which are yummy, yummy yaoi.
There will also be rants and raves about anime and life in general...

Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween! New manga!


Happy Halloween!!!


Homemade Vampire by Naono Bohra

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE NAONO BOHRA!!!! Her yaoi is so sexy! She needs more of her work to be licensed!

Okay.... I have to stop staring at the pic and get on with the entry :)
It's long so I tried the jump break thing >>



Thursday brought me Double Cast, xxxHolic vol 16 and Stray Cat.
I read Stray Cat that night... I was disappointed with how they translated the part where Kaoru was explaining that he was an uke... I wish they left it at neko instead of translating it to pussy... it seemed so wrong... They should leave terms like that alone. Neko and Tachi. Uke and Seme.
After I read that, the rest of the manga just didn't appeal to me as much any more. And here I was, so excited that I'd finally get to read the other chapters.
Things like this make me wary of the other licensed manga...

Anyway... Wednesday, I found out that 3 branches of the other bookstore I frequent were going to have sales Friday, Saturday and Sunday. One branch I always go to 'cause it's near my home. The other was near my office and I only go there when I cajole my officemate with a car into going.
I did succeed into convincing them that we were going there for lunch. But Friday arrives, and we couldn't go! Someone set a meeting with the owner of the car at 1 pm, and we wouldn't be back on time... I was pissed, so pissed that I didn't eat lunch and just wanted to head home... Yes, I know, I'm childish... But I really hate it when we make plans and they don't push through... And wouldn't you know it, the meeting didn't push through because the one that set the meeting couldn't make it... I spent the rest of Friday really pissed off... Until I sms'd my friend, half-jokingly, that she and I should go to the sale on Saturday. To my surprise, she said yes! She's usually busy on weekends so I wasn't expecting her to say yes.
Saturday morning, I woke up at 8 am. We were supposed to meet at 11 and I know I was going to have a hard time getting a cab to the mall, 'cause it is farther away than my office, and I already have a heck of a time getting a cab to work! I got there a little past 11. I had texted my friend a number of times and was worried she was still asleep... I finally called her and found out she hadn't left yet... yup... she's naughty...
I went ahead to the bookstore, and by the time she arrived I was already carrying 1 thick manga and 3 normal sized ones, and had my eye on at least 5 more. A few minutes before she arrived, one of the guys gave me a basket, as if telling me to get more.
After an hour or so we had a bigger basket with rollers almost full of books. She and I had a thing going on who was going to be spending more... She won! or lost since she paid more o.o
Together, our bill came to 10,200 pesos. But since there was a sale, it was 20% off and we paid something like 8,800.
Oh! Oh! While looking around at the arsty books, I found a manga that I said I was going to get if it was there. Someone hid it behind the artsy books, but unlucky for them that I found it. They should have held on to it like I did the Voice or Noise manga. I was afraid that someone would get it while I was looking around for more stuff to get.
My friend and I got lunch before we headed out to another mall (a cab ride away) to go to Muji, where I spent another 1,200 pesos on a long teaspoon, 6 ballpens and 2 pairs of socks. And another branch of the bookstore. No sale, but we still get 10% off because we are discount card holders. I spent almost 4,000 there. With one book costing 2,000.
After a long day, we shared a cab home. We were both tired and broke, but happy with our new treasures.
I didn't bother going to the bookstore nearest my home 'cause...

  1. I was broke from the previous day 
  2. I was still tired for some reason and 
  3. I was supposed to clean my room (which I still didn't do >>;;)

Well, here are the books that I bought.
First branch :
1. Darker than Black omnibus - I love Hei!!!! This was released long ago, and I was not happy that my usual store, which usually had Yen Press manga at a lower price. And here I got it at a lower price AND 20% off! I really thought that I wouldn't be getting this...
Love Hei!
2. Voice or Noise vols 1 to 3 - hey! it's on sale and it's BL ;)

Dr. Doolittle BL anyone?
3. Black Gate - it's supernatural.... I thought I had escaped buying this from my first store, but here it was, on sale and it was already cheaper to begin with...

4. March Story - another one involving demons and such. This was the manga that was hidden in the artsy books hehehehe >D

 5. Return to Labyrinth vol 4 - love the movie with David Bowie. Not loveD, love... as in I still love it up to now. This is the continuation. Not so happy about the drawing inside though, the covers, I love.
This was the only manga series on my to buy list.

6. Howl - the poem made into a graphic novel and movie... which my friend convinced me to buy so that she can borrow it. I opened it during lunch and she started reading it while we were waiting for our food. When she put it down, I picked it up and started to look at the drawings. For some reason I got to the part on the motorcycle and the stuff after that.... I have this power to go to those pages almost immediately... hehehehe

7. Be Careful What You Wish For - the only non graphic novel I bought. AND IT'S MUUUUUUUUUSHY... so not like me... it has magic though o.o

Now for the second branch:
1. Onikage: The Art of Toshio Saeki - this is an artbook by a famous guro mangaka... it's... weeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiird XD. No pic for this one 'coz it's all red o.o and this was the one that cost 2,000 pesos.
Look at the amazon link if you want to see the cover and a a peek at what's inside.

2. The Other Side of the Mirror vols 1 and 2 - I don't know why I got this, cept for the fact that it's complete in 2 volumes... okay... maybe the bishie on the cover of vol 1 had something to do with it...

3. My Girlfriend's a Geek - a yaoi lovin girl, with a boyfriend that she puts into situations only a yaoi fangirl would love... I honestly don't know if I'll like this one or not o.o 
The link has a different cover, but this one is the one I got



Okay... I think this entry is long enough... I don't know if I did the break correctly o.o
It's 1:55 am of Nov 1... not halloween anymore. Good thing we have no work today :D
Nigh nigh my fellow yaoi smutt lovers!



WAIT!!!!
I found the wedding photo of Iwaki and Katou!!!! I had wanted to post this in one of the Haru wo entries, but I couldn't remember if I transfered it to the old external hard disk or the new one...
Wedding Kiss *squee*
Okay... now it's really time for bed. G'Night again :3

No comments:

Post a Comment